RUGBY IN 9 QUESTIONS
- How old were you when you first played rugby? – 7 I was too clumsy for any other sport
- What was your first club? – Portadown RFC
- Favourite player of all time? – Martyn Williams
- Best player you’ve played with/against? Lawrence Cray
- Player you wished you’d played with/against? Ma’a Nonu
- Best rugby memory? Beating England students with Ireland students a long time ago
- Worst rugby memory? Getting Scrum pox so bad that one of my eyes closed over
- Any advice to a child wanting to play rugby – There’s more to life than rugby. Enjoy it and do your best but do other things too.
- Any advice to the parent of a child wanting to play rugby? Proper technique is the best way to prevent injury. Encourage your kids to take training seriously so they learn right.