RUGBY IN 9 QUESTIONS
- How old were you when you first played rugby? 4yrs old
- What was your first club? Longton RFC
- Favourite player of all time? Scott Quinnell
- Best player you’ve played with/against? Andrew Merhtens (against)
- Player you wished you’d played with/against? Victor Matfield
- Best rugby memory? Carrying my son Seb up the steps at Twickenham to collect the County Cup.
- Worst rugby memory? Being relegated when playing in France
- Any advice to a child wanting to play rugby? Have a go and make up your own mind. Be your own person
- Any advice to the parent of a child wanting to play rugby? Let them play. They will make mistakes but learn from them. Teamwork and spirit make us stronger and instil discipline. Above all, let them enjoy playing and finding their own path within the game.