Sale 1861 Co-Coach / Head Coach Job Description
Sale 1861 are looking to recruit a Co-Coach for the 2019/2020 season, with potential progress to be promoted to Head Coach in January, to help coach and lead the Sale 1861 team for the season.
To manage the Rugby Union programme focusing on the development of a high-performance culture for Sale 1861, optimising performance in league and cup fixtures and other relevant competitions, raising the profile of Sale 1861 as a Women’s rugby club whilst working to increase sport participation.
The successful candidate will be available to deliver weekly training sessions throughout the season, whilst attending and managing fixtures. Training sessions take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7.30 – 9pm, at Sale Sharks Training Centre, Carrington, M31 4AE. Fixtures are scheduled for Sunday afternoons (times & locations vary).
Coaching To coordinate and deliver high quality coaching sessions for the Women’s Rugby Union team to enable the advancement of skill and performance teams/squads and component players.
- To plan the running and development of all coaching sessions.
- To act professionally, displaying good coaching conduct at all times promoting an enjoyable and inclusive atmosphere, ensuring good practice is applied throughout all sessions by adhering to Sale FC Rugby and Sale Sharks policies and procedures where applicable.
- To have responsibility and accountability for team selection and performance. Determining methods of selection and standards required, and providing constructive feedback to those not selected.
- To attend home and away representative fixtures to coach and advise individuals and squads, displaying tactical and technical awareness to gain the best possible performance.
- To provide motivation and encouragement to all team members and show commitment to the development of players and teams, making recommendations for individual and team performance improvements.
- To coordinate with the Player Performance Manager to organise the management and prevention of injuries, provide specialist advice and recommendations to support decisions and assist in the delivery of a Rugby Union specific strength & conditioning and sports science support programme to
- Ensuring an inclusive, professional culture both on and off the pitch.
- To liaise with the Management team, Committee and squad captain over the development of sessions, players, coaching programmes and club development, attending committee meetings where necessary
- To ensure that members enhance the Sale 1861 brand at all opportunities and avoid bringing themselves or the club into disrepute.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Enthusiastic and passionate about rugby and in particular the woman’s’ game
- Holds a RFU Coaching Award of Level 2
- Strong knowledge of the game and willing to learn and progress in their coaching
- Experience in coaching ladies of different abilities and ages will be an advantage
- Perfect for a person with the initiative and determination to grow the woman’s game.
- Fit in with the coaching philosophy at the club to a player-cantered approach
- Manage development of current and new players
- The successful candidate will receive RFU & Club Head Coach support/mentoring through local focused work
- GCSE Maths and English (minimum Grade C) or equivalent
- Minimum RFU Level 2 coaching award/ERCA (Ideally working towards level 3)
- An awareness of the needs of performance athletes
- An in-depth understanding of coaching styles and practical delivery.
- Energy, commitment and enthusiasm to work evenings and weekends as required, particularly during the main rugby union season
- IT skills including competence in the use of word processing, and spreadsheet software
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to establish and maintain an environment of winning and success
- Proven track record in coaching rugby and gaining results
- Significant experience in developing useful working partnerships with both sports and non-sports-based organisations.
Financial incentives will be discussed with successful applicants. If you are interested in the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV